Another one of my most popular items from my old blog has been revamped for the new one – my Twix brownies. Previously I made the brownies using brownie mix and mini Twix, but this time around I used Alton Brown’s recipe (tweaked a bit) for brownie portion of it and mini Twixes (Twixi? just Twix?).
I had mainly made this brownie recipe to try new things, but also because I have a friend (Ben) who loves brownies, but hates additions (except maybe walnuts). I decided to prove him wrong – that he would love this brownie because I made it for him with love. I gave him quite a few and he apparently still like fudge-y brownies instead of a more cake-y brownie. My coworkers loved it, though; the Twix melted slightly in the brownie and it was still melted by the time everyone ate them. Slightly melted caramel and chocolate within the brownie was great! Can’t please everyone…
(adapted from here)
1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
4 ounces melted butter (1 stick)
5/8 cup (or 10 Tablespoons) cocoa
2 teaspoons vanilla extract (I use my homemade one)
1/4 cup flour
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
12 mini twix
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. Line a cupcake tin (12) with cupcake liners.
2. Beat the eggs at medium speed until fluffy and light yellow.
3. Add all the rest of the ingredients until well mixed.
4. Place 1 Tablespoon of batter in each cupcake, then a mini twix, then another Tablespoon of batter. This recipe should make just enough batter for the 12 cupcakes, with not a whole leftover.
5. Bake for about 20 minutes.