As I was finishing up the pumpkin chocolate chip cookies, I realized I had a lot of pumpkin puree left over, but I also didn’t want to remake those chocolate chip cookies again so I needed to find other recipes that used pumpkin puree. I did some more research and found this great recipe for mini muffins – covered in cinnamon sugar.
Pumpkin is great flavor and the cinnamon sugar on the outside makes this great crust. It’s also a pretty simple recipe that required very little of my time. I was surprised at how many it made actually. 32 little bites of pumpkin cinnamon deliciousness. This is a recipe that was easy to make and good too.
(adapted from here)
1 3/4 cup all purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
3/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, melted
1/2 cup packed brown sugar (either light or dark)
2 teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4 cup pumpkin puree
1/2 cup milk
Cinnamon Sugar Coating:
2 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
1/4 cup white sugar
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray mini muffin tin with nonstick spray.
2. In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, ginger.
3. In a large bowl, whisk together the butter and brown sugar. Add the egg, vanilla extract, pumpkin puree, and milk.
4. Add the dry ingredients to the wet. Stir together until just combined – do NOT overmix. (It’s just like making regular muffins)
5. Using a tablespoon, spoon the batter into the muffin tins. I had to use my mini muffin tin twice – but depending on if you have more than one mini muffin in, you might be able to fit it all in at once.
6. Bake for about 13 minutes. When the muffins are cooling, make the coating. Combine the sugar and cinnamon and mix well. In a separate smaller dish, melt the butter.
7. Once the muffins are relatively cool, dip the top into the melted butter and then into the cinnamon sugar. I also tossed the muffin in the sugar to get it all around the muffin as well.