My friend’s housewarming party means I get to bake cupcakes! I haven’t had the time in the past couple of weeks to blog or to really bake (work and such). Therefore, this cupcake was the renewal of my blogging again!
Ruben is a friend of mine that I wasn’t close with in college since he is 2 years younger than I am. But he was my successor 3 years after I ran a certain event so we will always have this sort of bond. Honestly, Ruben moved to SF and that’s why we’re closer now. He comes over weekly to watch RuPaul’s drag race.
One week, we talked about the wines we all enjoy and he mentioned he loves pink moscato. I definitely had to make sure that I used his favorite wine when he had his house warming party. I definitely needed to find something good.
This recipe definitely isn’t the most creative or the most difficult, but it made some pretty delicious cupcakes. Box mix and whipped cream frosting saved my butt, but I found something creative to do with the frosting and toppings. I decided to make the frosting with a streak of pink in it!
(adapted from here)
1/2 cup of oil
1 cup of pink moscato
1 can of whipped cream frosting
Pink gel food coloring
1. Preheat the oven to 350°.
2. Line 2 cupcake pans with paper liners.
4. Use approximately 2 tablespoons for each cupcake – fi you have any extras, mini cupcakes are the way to go.
5. Bake the cupcakes for about 20 minutes. (10 minutes for the mini cupcakes)
6. While the cupcakes cool, add a few dots of pink gel food coloring into the pastry bag.
7. Add the whipped cream frosting to the pastry bag and start frosting.
8. Strawberries two ways: